View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #6
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
Hi @jsceash,

I am running catless, or trying to. Just put in the headers. Have a Top Speed1 Cat Bypass & Cat Back Exhaust system. It felt and sounded good before, can't wait to see what the headers do.

Hey @j.fro,

Sealing the O2 sensor extensions was what I thought would work, since it reduces the airflow over the O2 sensor. So an "L-Extension" definitely wouldn't work? If I have to go for an ECU flash, what does it run? Why were your ratios off, from the headers, the flash or intake?

@stephen wilson & Skootnasty,

I have found a way to "give the wires some slack". The O2 sensor wires each plug or clip into a plastic sensor block attached to…well, the engine block. It is held in place by a small bolt. I merely undid the bolt and attached it using zip ties - nice and secure in multiple places (so it won't rattle or become loose).

Car also needs an inspection, so the headers may be bad timing but we'll see how it goes. Also, have to put on my "inspection colors"….a spare set of ugly orange turn signals.

Here is a good shot of how close my MAF is to the Throttle Body….

Moving the MAF closer to the TB may help sort out your readings j.fro.

Keep the advice coming….goodness knows I can use it!!