View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #19
jsceash

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSmokeLS1 View Post
Anyone have an estimate on rebuilding one of these engines? If metal fragments went into the engine, I would assume the real expense is if you needed to bore it and replace the pistons... other than that, main and rod bearings, machine crank (maybe), rings, hone cylinders, and a gasket set doesn't seem terribly expensive. and depending on damage to the intermediate shaft... anything I'm missing?

Of course this is all assuming a worst case scenario.
Not quite the same motor. I'm rebuilding a some what good 3.2L motor. 3 cylinders had low compression no real damage on heads valves or bottom end. My end cost is looking to be right around $8500. I am doing all the assembly work. I had to buy about $700 in tools to assemble the motor so My end cost is going to be $9200. LN sleeve, JE pistons, pins, rings, rods, and bolts $6100. New stock valves, springs, stem seals, retainers, spring caps, all seals, gaskets, water pump, 170 deg. thermostat, ARP Assembly bolts The end result is a better balanced motor that is 3.6 L.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote