View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
Meir
1999 base

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
Hi all. I had a new clutch installed by an indi . After 8000 miles the clutch pedal seems to get sucked down whenever the engine hits 4000 RPM or more. Once it's occurred, the pedal may return to it's proper place, but offer no resistance when pushed until it begins to literally, push the clutch up, or the pedal actually stays down whereupon, I can do a "speedshift" due to the decreased pedal travel. Sometimes the shift can't be accomplished at all , without first, pulling the pedal up manually with the top of my foot (under the pedal)! I bought the parts so the shop won"t warranty the job if it's because of them and the supplier won't either because too much time has elapsed, soooooooo that leaves ME and at the moment I have just pulled the tranny; The release bearing fell out in my hand (fast reflexes) and is seemly in good shape but isn't it supposed to be attached to the arm? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I should add that I had the shop bleed the system and install a new slave but there was no improvement.
My guess is your indi didn't installed it properly.
The release bearing should be seated firmly on the release lever.
My recommendation is,if you have the transmission out, put a new bearing, make sure you have the updated lever, replace the ball journal with its spring and rubber.
All the parts (including new lever if needed) shouldn't accede $100.
Which bring me to the question, if you removed the transmission, why didn't you do the clutch job yourself, to begin with?
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote