View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #25
pompous

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysguy View Post
Cars hitting poles is something I know quite well...... not because I've hit them, but because I work not only as a charter boat captain but a construction coordinator for a local utility. I have to figure out damages for every pole that is hit in my area. Wood poles are about $2-3k for the power company depending on how much is on them. The phone company and the cable company can also claim damages. (and they do) Cable is normally about $500- $1000 again depending on the stuff on the pole, phone company is about the same. If lines were severed the cost goes way up because those companies claim damage from outage time. If it's a concrete or ductile pole the cost go up fast for the power companies. last concrete pole I did was between $5 and 7K for the power company. Anyway as you have posted and others have posted call your insurance agent let them go to battle for you it's part of what you pay them for.

Keyguy
Hey Keysguy...I'm coming to visit you next week!!! Couple days in Marathon for the 7 mile bridge run and then on to Key West for awhile.

http://i40.tinypic.com/ei6sns.jpg
pompous is offline   Reply With Quote