View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 04:58 AM   #21
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGaBiker View Post
Oh my! That's deflating. You'd put so much work into it. Best of luck with the settlement or abrogation.

Three years ago I parked where I always do when working out in the morning with a friend: on the curb in front of his subdivision street. Thankfully I had driven the Element that morning. You know, the bright green six-and-a-half-foot tall Element. A 16YO driver in a CR-V ran slap into the back of it with no sign of a brake ever touched. Said the sun blinded her. Thankfully nobody was hurt, but it drove my car up over the curbing, across the yard about 20 feet, and destroyed my friend's huge brick mailbox, causing both the front and rear of the Element to be totalled!

Good news? I had put 3 years and 23,000 miles on the car and they paid me $1100 less than I had paid for it. I was quite happy with the financials -- just didn't want the hassle of replacing a perfectly good Element with another one.
Nice sig line!
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote