View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Ahhh! My car was hit bad today!

I parked the 986 in front of my house at lunch and this afternoon an older lady in a Lexus ES300 rear ended it. It appears that she never braked, hit my parked car sending it into the middle of the street and then she proceeded to hit a light pole - moving the pole about 8 inches in the ground. The electric company is here now replacing the light pole.

Police, fire, and paramedics responded to the 911 call. Driver of the Lexus was awake but in shock and couldn't speak for five mins and then said that she had no idea what had happened. The paramedics took her to the hospital.

Most of the damage appears to be in the trunk and rear fenders area but the rear fenders are pushed forward enough that they are hitting the doors. The top is also pushed forward so its slightly bowed up. Surprisingly, the engine started and I was able to drive it into the driveway but it seemed to crab and not track straight.

I called her insurance company this evening and expect to hear from them on Monday.

Friends, cheer me up. I am pretty bummed out. I think that I'll go watch some Johnny Danger Workout videos to cheer myself up.

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote