View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #20
986_c6

Essex and Heliguy,

Yes we are always looking for the perfect stance and yet retaining the original comfort and wear characteristics. Ok, this is from what I remember because it has been ~10 years since the H & R's were put on my 02 base.

I first had these installed with the stock 17" wheels and oe Conti Contacts. I think it was definitely stiffer, but no bounce. The Conti's in the rear ended up wearing inside prematurely I believe at 17k miles. No rub at all, except one time when I took the car to the grocery store and literally loaded the whole front trunk with canned goods and gallons and gallons of water (the extreme weight on the front end caused it to rub in the front).

Then I put on Bridgestone RE050's that refused to wear.

Shortly after I put on the 18's that you see here and I believe the ride was actually better. I don't know if it had to do with the offsets and the wider track that is obvious in the pics. I put on Fuzion ZR's on and it lasted at least 30k miles.

In the meantime since 2004 or so, I had started tracking the car with the original set of Bridgestones so some of the miles are on that track set also. Then moved to many,many sets of used and new R888.

I currently have 75k miles on the car, BFG KDW's (very good tire btw) and I must say the stock shocks and H & R's are still matching quite nicely with ride/handling capabilities/etc. You guys have to be a little careful though because I heard the shocks changed from Boge to Sachs from 2000 on???

So, all in all, very reliable, comfortable, and I always get compliments on the stance of the car.

Feel free to ask more questions. Cheers!!!!!
06 Maserati Quattroporte (Family hauler)
08 Corvette Z06 (Track car)
986_c6 is offline   Reply With Quote