View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
Porsche Pete

Yes of course 10mm and 11mm wrenches...Having a senior moment!

So this morning sun was shining and life was good again..Managed to shift the rear nut so 3 Shiny brake lines on now.. Hoorah!

The front O/S has given up the ghost, so took whole assembly off from back of the caliper and ordered a short hard line from Porsche (£11.00) so not too bad
Thats going to be a couple of days to come in, so after i had finished drooling at the NEW BOXSTER`S` 2013...What a machine in black................

I went back to fit one of the new rotors on....the old one looked a mess once i had got it out and on the deck...shame as there was still plenty of life in the pads.

Have given the rotor top hats and edges a lick of Alum heat paint as these get rusty quickly....and i am a tart !! Looking good

Fitting new EBC Red Stuff pads...I havent come across these dampening discs (shims) before. They look in good condition so guess i can re use these ?
I guess they will have to be fitted into the pistons first and then the pads slide down into the caliper? They did seem to be stuck to the sides of the old pads with something??..

So problem resolved...hopefully ..The back of the lines dont sit so tight in the holders so squezed the metal spring like clips together a bit which improved it..

The heavens have opened up now...raining again...so thats that for today...

However the parcel man did turn up with my new trolley jack.....Bargain off of Amazon £150.!! retails at £350 over here !!!

Will continue tomorrow if it keeps dry !! Oh a pic of the car with the new clear lights, and amberectomy......