View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #27
thomasotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGaBiker View Post
Car looks great! Where'd you find a silver one?

Yes, I am so happy with it, not only did I get a good deal, I picked up the elusive silver/red combo. Seriously, it has always been my favorite combo.

Bone stock? Actually, my father, who found the car for me, replaced the red floor mats with black ones.

What I like about this car:
1. The looks. I think the design is classic and therefore timeless. I don't buy this bit about 987 makes 986 look dated. I have seen that comment in some of the discussions. Each design is different, but not necessarily better looking. Before being an owner I thought the 987 was not necessarily an improvement. That was my then unbiased opinion.
2. The power.
3. The sound.
4. Lack of cup holders.
5. Attention the car draws.
6. The car is cleaning up real well. Even stains in the leather I can eventually rub out. Will need some paintless dent removal help for about 4 dings.

What I don't like
1. Stereo - While it certainly has potential, I haven't found a way to "tune it in". I like the Bose system in my 01 Beetle. Is there an owner's manual in PDF form somewhere?
2. I am 6'4 and could use just one more notch worth of backward seat travel.
3. Will have to invest several hours with IMS so not to worry so much.
4. While the A/C and heater work, the fan doesn't start blowing immediately. Sometimes it takes upward of 10 minutes and then it comes on. Ideas?
thomasotten is offline   Reply With Quote