View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 06:09 AM   #14
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby View Post
This retains a ball bearing. It does not share the art that makes the IMS Solution unique. Though oil is delivered to the IMS bearing area, it is not fed to a plain bearing like it is in the IMS Solution.

Oil is also robbed from a different point from the engine and there is a reason why we decided not to use that location to feed the IMS Solution.

I developed the IMS Solution because I did not want a ball bearing to reside within my engines. The ball bearing is the problem and the source of all evil. Anything else is just a band aid.
The band aid comment cannot be too comforting to all of those who have had LN Engineering bearings installed either at Jake's shop, independent shops or DIY.

Having purchased an (double row) LN Engineering ceramic bearing myself, I sincerely hope that it's not just a band aid.

Apparently, the TuneRS direct oil injection solution can also be applied to LN Engineering bearings, so that may be the way to go. My reasoning is that since there have fewer failures than you can count on one hand with the LN Engineering bearing prior to direct oil injection, this approach might just make it bullet proof, without introducing any other unknowns or unnecessary complications.

Again, I remember everyone stressing that the lack of lubrication due to the failure of the factory seals was the main cause that had to be addressed.

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote