View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 04:19 AM   #1
Guvs

anyone had this problem before

Hi All.
I have posted this thread on our UK forum and just wondering if anyone over here has had the same problem (other than you JW)

I've done a search and found lots of "Roof/window problems" but cant find the answer to this one ! anyone out there know or had this before ?
2003 (face lift) 2.7, roof goes down as normal, ie windows drop when you un-clip the lock, however the Red warning light does not come on in the dashboard clock warning lights, but when you press the soft top switch to put the roof up, the windows no longer drop that few inches to allow the roof to seat properly on the front of the windscreen, and when it does reach and touch the windows you can see and feel it push on them and force them to drop the few inches, and the other odd thing is just as the clam shell is about to close and finish off the action (Closing & Opening) the Red warning light will come on momentarily then go out as to say that the action is complete.
I hope this makes sense to someone and they have a possible answer, it feels to me that there could be a micro switch fault in the rear part of the clam shell, as the warning light comes on just as the action is finishing with the clam shell shutting/locking into place, I've looked at the small boxed area in the center rear of the back (just behind the 3rd brake light) where the cables go and I cant see any type of micro switch anyone know if there is one there ? I've pulled out all the relays by the fuse box one by one, and none of them seem to be linked to the roof, as after pulling each one I worked the roof action and it carried on moving.
I have changed the oblong relay above the fuse box and no change.
at the moment all I have to do is remember to drop the windows a touch before closing the roof, so I can live with it but it is bugging me and I would love to get it sorted.
any help will be much appreciated.
Guvs.
Guvs is offline   Reply With Quote