View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
jsceash

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by san rensho View Post
I have stock brakes on my 2.7 and they work fine on the track with the cheapest Mintex pads. Very good braking, no fade with a good brake fluid flush before the event and GT3 air scoops to cool the brakes. I go through about 1/3 Of the pad in an event. If you are burning up pads, go to a race pad.

S brakes are not going to make any difference.
I’m not sure how to answer your comment. Where we run, and our run group vary pretty widely, and my car is highly modified. I Have GT3 brake ducts. I run either EBC Yellow Stuff or Pagid Black pads. Homestead has 40' elevation change. Watkins Glen has 4 down hill high speed brake zone the worst would be 140' downhill to a hairpin. VIR has 230' of elevation change downhill from Maple tree to the front straight. Summit Point has 400' of elevation change. This is a highly suggested conversion in the north east in white black and red run groups.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust

Last edited by jsceash; 01-20-2013 at 06:17 PM.
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote