View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #62
pothole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiko View Post
Well I'm sure there's lots of parts that cross-match because the 'style' of the cars is so much the same, but that doesnt mean the cars themselves are the same! In the end they'd be silly to make or redesign every part seperately. Personally I think the 911 is far overpriced for what you get, but in the end you're paying for the '911' badge and its historic success which is what the stealerships use as leverage to boost the price tag.
Hey I can go out and buy a Escalade or a Yukon and get fancy trim and some extra features for and extra 30K in the Escalade and the parts are essentially the same....
It's not "part sharing". It's platform sharing. The front 2/3rds of the platform and structure and just about everything else is shared and more or less identical. The rear 1/3rd is configured for rear or mid installation.

People have someone misconstrued my post. I never said 911s and Boxsters drove the same. The engine location makes a big difference obviously. But the fact is, they are one model with two different engine installations.