Thread: Aasco and what?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #13
jsceash

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby View Post
What you don't know is the ignition timing that you are losing... I guess ignorance is bliss, because you never thought about it till now ;-)
I don't understand how this would effect engine timing. The fingers the sensor picks up are mounted to motor side of both styles. The fixed portion is then bolted on the crank. The crank to pick up timing can't vary. The spring deadened portion of the DMFW is the friction side. The dynamics of this really looks like they are using the weight to stop gear clatter in the transmission. So like Thstone says using a sprung clutch put the back lash back at bay to some extent. The big difference form an engineering stand point is that the clutch can't supply as much force to the gears so like every video I've heard with an aasco installed there is an increased gear noise at idle and low RPM.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote