Thread: First breakdown
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 07:06 AM   #12
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioboxster
Let me clarify, the leak is behind the front drivers side wheel. It just didnt leak it sprayed. Where is the clutch master cylinder? How do I fill it, then how do I bleed it once its repaired?
Heres another thought, I think in some way this problem stemed from my stereo install. I had a new cd player installed the day I bought the car. Once I removed some inspection panels in the bonnet area I noticed holes that had been drilled. This was either from a previous owner that had an amp and sub or from the stereo install I had done. Its strange there are like three holes but no wires running through them. The guy at the stereo place said he rewired all the speakers so I dont know. Anyway, my thought is when he drilled a hole a line was hit. seems strange that a hydro line would blow doesnt it?
Hi,

Sorry, my mistake. From the sound of it, it sounds like either a Hydraulic line or the Master. S/B easy enough to determine. Not as easy as doing the Slave but not too bad. BTW, how many total miles? Often when replacing the Master, you lose the Slave in short order. This is because the new Master is sending more pressure to the used Slave. I usually replace the Master/Slave in pairs for any car with over 30k mi. on it. It's just easier doing the job one time and of course you save on Brake Fluid and avoid a possible tow. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote