View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
Meir
1999 base

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by srad34 View Post
Hi Meir,
Thanks for the feedback, I went to my local Porsche dealer today and had a chat with one of their Technicians as I was asking if the valve was stuck open, could this be a problem, he was not aware of this being a common fault but it is possible. Worth checking and cleaning.
I need to locate it first!
New AOS and spark plugs bought, tomorrow, the intake manifold and TB are coming out for cleaning so I will search for it then, plus fit the new aos. The aos>manifold pipe was out of stock so I plan to vent it into a filter and block off the manifold. The tech said the DME will adjust fueling to suit so this should work fine.

Its NOT a permanent change as I have ordered a new aos>intake pipe to replace mine, but if it clears up the smoke, that's got to be a bonus!
if you intend to remove the manifold please post some pics and impressions.
as far as i understand from reading the forum, the bank 2 manifold is not that bad to remove. that should get you to the valve.
the real pain is removing bank 1 manifold in order to replace the long pipe (part 4).
again, never done this, so will appreciate your impression based on your experience.
good luck, and keep us posted.
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote