View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #7
Meir
1999 base

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave928 View Post
your link says ... "this applies to non-variocam plus M96 motors (basically, the early ones)"

i had similar numbers, -6.5 and -5.5. had the tensioner pads and solenoids replaced a couple weeks ago. on one side the pads were definitely worn, and look like some sort of chemical reaction (to the oil maybe?) was pitting them. the other side's pads were worn, but no pitting.

$3500. the solenoids are about $220 each. my shop said i didn't need them, but with 100k and 12 years on the car, i figured good insurance. it's a hefty bill to go in there and do it again.
that is what i was thinking when i read the post.
however, looking in my Bentley book, i understand that all M96 engines has the verio cam. in the old ones its more like on/off switch, with the newer (03 and up if remember correctly) it has multiple position.
i'm sure someone here can correct me if i'm wrong, or explain it in a better way.
putting that aside, did replacing the pads and solenoids fixed your cam deviation?
if so, what is your value now? and do you feel signification difference in engine power?
thanks in advance.
Meir.
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote