View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
I have been getting an occasional P0410 alarm this past year so I thought I would make a run at replacing the SAI Cutoff Valve today but fell way short. I removed the alternator thinking I would have access through the front side of the motor, but no way, not with my hands. I removed the cross-over tubes on the air induction manifolds, still not enough access to the valve. I don’t see an easy way to remove the manifolds with the motor in the car. Does anyone have any experience and recommendations on how to get to the SAI Cutoff Valve, without dropping the motor?

Thanks
It won't be easy to remove right side intake manifold but I'm sure it can be done. I have my left side off for 987 air cleaner housing install, it was no fun but required to install 987 Air box. I will remove my intake cross-over tubes to see if I can give you any tips. Maybe the most encouragement I can give you is now would be a good time to remove your injecters & have them cleaned & tested. You will love the improvement, considering your mileage.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote