View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
bmarti13

TO buy or not to buy

OK, I finally figured out how to post an original thread. Sorry if this is redundant. I am a rookie to this site. Anyway.....

I found a 2000 Boxster S with 9700 miles. Car has been garaged in Arizona with original owner. This car is upgraded like crazy and I have not been able to find one even close. (Midnight blue metallic, beige interior, upgraded wheels, porsche emblem stamped in leather seats, guages colered to match interior, comes with aero kit, etc...) Middle aged Scottsdale couple that drove the car on weekends and then lost interest.
Car is immaculate inside and out. Owner drove the car about 8500 miles in the first 10 years, and then only about 1200 miles since 2010.
In 2010 he had to replace a siezed fuel pump, had oil change, brake system flush, new tires, etc... I assume due to the fact that it has been sitting.

I verified the service history with the dealership and he has been pretty good on getting recommended services (although not perfect). Service guy told me that there are no prior issues reported on the car, services refused, major repairs, etc....

I test drove the car and it drove great. Although I did not push it very hard. Maybe got it up to 50 mph on side streets. Shifts fine, no rattles, noises, etc...

Question is: Would you guys buy this car? I can buy it for about 20,000 (maybe a little lower).
At first, my gut reaction was that this was a rare find. However, I have been reading so much about cars with 'too low' mileage, and this has scared me a bit.
Any help would be appreciated.
bmarti13 is offline   Reply With Quote