View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
ccstud17

I hope Karma catches him!

As I approach my car in the morning, I notice a very abrasive scuff on my rear bumper. My heart drops as I see the damage and a small part of me dreams that there will be a note on the windshield..... I look, and low and behold there is a note with a number! my faith in humanity was restored!
I call the number and talk to the guy, turns out this "Bob" guy watched it all go down as some a$$ clown hit my car while parking. As the culprit ran in to get something from the restaurant ( he worked there) Bob took some pics and waited a bit for the culprit, but couldnt hang around for too long.

Since it was his plate that did the damage its not paint transfer its all scrapes and gouges some deep into the plastic.

he pushed my car forward 6 inches with his car, some how the Subaru had no damage.

I first call the police to file the report for insurance reasons. I give the cops all the information, including the guys license plate number. Problem is I didnt have the first number, that being said the officer informed me that there was really nothing they could do without the full number.... ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? there are 26 possible options! what would have taken maybe 30 minutes of work was just too much for the cops, so he told me I was alone on this one.

I go into the Bar that the guy worked for, asked around and showed some staff the picture of his car, the 2 guys i talked to both agreed it was "Carlos's" car, he works again on Tuesday. Finally I got to talk to a manager, I tell him I want to talk to Carlos, and see if we can work this out with out involving the cops. Manager tells me that no one there is named carlos, and thinks that I must be just trying to cause drama. I show him the pictures and then he relaxes a bit. As he is taking my info he asks what kind of car it is. I say a silver boxster and as he is writing it down he stops and asks " wait a Porsche?!?"

After that he was sweating bullets and finally was very helpful, gave me the GMs number and had me send the photos to her. He even admitted to knowing whose car it was. Sadly since then I left her 2 messages, and have not heard back from anyone!

A little back story, is I am only 23 years young. I bought this 99 box myself with no help from my parents, i did my research and got a killer deal! buffed out the paint so it looked brandy new! Anytime I have to talk about my car i get nothing but nasty remarks about mom n daddys money and crap like that. I am extremely nervous that I will for ever get the run around from these guys. Keeping my fingers crossed!
I hope you all never get someone this disrespectful to not own up to their mistakes and leave you a note with their number on it!
ccstud17 is offline   Reply With Quote