Thread: Just for Fun!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #36
jb92563

In 1980 I had a Renault LeCar with the opening roof.

It was actually a pretty decent car, just ugly and mine was a dark brown......ugh!

I even towed my Hobie Cat sailboat around with it during my racing years. Great, with lots of room for gear in the back.

Only 3 lug nuts holding each wheel on.

With the roof open people in the rear seat could stand up and their body from the waist up was above the roof.

Got pulled over doing that once by the fuzz.
The back seaters were high, and argued with the police that they had their seat belts on, while standing up in the back seats.
I smacked them three stooges style and told them to sit back down and shut up so the nice officer would not take them to jail.
I think he was holding back a laugh and let us go with a warning.

It happened again a year later on the highway, different back seaters this time though, and they got $90 tickets.

My first Brand new car ($13k) was a Chrysler Laser Turbo, very cool, my first Black car too.
The stlying was quite different for a car of the 85 era. I am always attracted to different as I hate having cars that look plain and boring.

Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 11-01-2012 at 07:15 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote