View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
How about something to roll up my cracked open windows when the frequent unpredictable showers start. Would be nice to safely leave them in vent mode here in the hot hot south, but I cant see the car (or even outdoors) from where I work. Would be glad to buy the wiper rain sensor if it had this function...
There is practically no limit to what can be programmed.
Its just a matter of using the right sensors for the job and having a good foolproof set of rules programed.

You wouldn't want your window to auto close if it started raining while your at the drive thru window and reaching out to grab your food.

Thats the reason cars don't already have all kinds of features like that....too much liability for not much profit.

However the DIY'er can do their own thing without too much to worry about.

Personally in my programming experience you always have to account for the lowest common denominator human doing the dumbest, least logical, and most idiotic unimaginable thing possible. Hence the term Idiot Proofing.

One nice thing about Arduinos and the various sensor boards is that you can make it all very modular, so you could design a bunch of sensor modules that just plug in and the programming can detect their presence and use them if present.

Also updating the firmware is also very doable so you can have an evolving, improving product.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote