View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #12
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboy981 View Post
Quick question….what is on the back of the car?

Also, do you have the Boxster/Boxster S logo at the bottom of the main console near the shifter? Why not duplicate that?

You can do it "old-school" by tracing since aren't you going to cut it out instead of using raised lettering? If so, it would be easy to use the logo on the console as a "master". You can make an etching and transfer using carbon paper. Then, turn the project over and cut the material.

You are using a black background? Is that going to reflect the light the way the clear plastic does? Using the "Tic, Tac, Toe" example you can also "overlay" the design. Heck, you could even make it flash like a neon light using 2 or more colors of LED lights…
….it could go PORSCHE and then P O R S C H E….or….P O R S C H E and then Boxster (in a the squiggly font they used).

Let us know what you decide and make sure to photo it - so we can duplicate! :dance:
The Tail of the car has just an "S" on the trunk lid.so instead of repeating it I'd rather have Porsche up top.

Console does Have "Boxster S"

The letters will be cut into the back side of the clear plexi and the uncut backside areas sprayed black except for the engraved letters which I think I'll spray some chrome paint to make it more reflective. White is another option. I'll need to experiment on another piece to see what reflects white LED light the best.

The flashing 2 different designs would be cool, but probably a bit more flashy than I want. I'll keep it simple on mine for now.

I'll put up my experimental piece videos when I get them done.
I might try the slow changing color led's as well.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote