View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #12
j.fro
Rennzenn

Garage
Homeboy, what you've drawn is pretty much the set up I am using. My air filter is located outside of the engine compartment, just inside the fender intake scoop. I'm using a cone filter, air is completely isolated from the engine heat, and there are no restrictions in the flow path. However, there are down sides. I was able to locate the filter there mainly because I have completely removed the convertible top and all of the sound insulation around the engine compartment. The plastic channel that the snorkel is located in is way too small to house a cone filter, so that's gone, too. So...now the air filter is right behind my left shoulder. And my left ear. You know that "glorious howl" everyone talks about when desnorkling and/or adding a CAI? It's good that the only time I am ever at WOT I am also wearing my helmet, because it is deafening. So, the big question...how much HP did I gain? I've done just about all of the bolt on mods, and the car pulled 244 rwhp on the Dyno. Given 15% drive train loss, that would put me at just under 290 fwhp, so I've gained about 40.
j.fro is offline   Reply With Quote