View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #12
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspeedstreet View Post
Hi! I'm afraid the only thing I own from a 986 is a set of 17" chrome turbo twist wheels. I'm mounting them on my 1988 Pontiac Fiero because I love the look and the backspacing is perfect for the car. It's a fair amount of work, with the 5 X 130mm vs. the puny 5 X100mm pattern that came on the car, but will be worth the effort. Of course with the pattern change and the bigger brakes going on at the same time, the stock 15" spare won't work for me any more.

My question is, can someone here tell me the outside diameter of the 986 spare tire? The spare storage space is limited and I don't want to order one and then not have it fit.

I appreciate the help,

Neil
Before I bought my own Porsche I had been considering this Pontiac Fiero kit below.

CAR KIT INC. Fiberglass Supercar Replica Kits

But the thought of years of work, and $15k-$20k investment I decided I rather just get a real Porsche.

However, that sure is a nice Fiero and $300k cheaper than the real thing.

Hats off to anyone with enough fortitude to turn a Fiero into a work of art like that.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote