View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
Autobot152

Garage
sok, not sure if i understand your cryptic response. you may have misread my post to ask, "how hard is it to replace a window regulator"? In that case, I appreciate the link, however I was actually asking for any thoughts on what would cause my window to roll down 1/3 of the way after I shut off the engine, take out the key, open the door, then close the door. within a couple of second of closing the door, the window rolls down and stops almost halfway down.

through my confusion of your post, I did however read your thread. it looks as though the symptoms of a bad regulator is a grinding sound while rolling up and down the windows or no movement of the window when the button is depressed. in my situation, my windows work perfectly fine with no abnormal sounds. they go fully up and fully down along with auto up and auto down. they also open slightly when you open the door and close fully when the door is completely shut. i should have stated this in my original post but i assumed that since I stated that i roll it back up when i notice it, that would have communicated that the window was working.
Autobot152 is offline   Reply With Quote