View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
gjansen

more info

I just found out the problem with the alarm doing the double beep all the time.

I have one of my convertible top motor cables disconnected while I wait for a new gear that drives the top. I just open and close it by hand.

Just tonight I put the top up, hand brake on, in park, and jogged the top switch. Sure enough, the dash top indicator light went off. No more beep beep when locking or unlocking the car.

There must be some point in the top transmission where it signals to shut the dash light off. It would make sense in that there are wires that go to the top transmission.

So my theory is if your top dash light stays on, and you know the latch switch above the rear view mirror is good, then it must be either the switch in the top transmission, or the top transmission isn't set in the right position- it needs to be jogged one way or another until the dash top light is timed right.

Back to my original problem of the windows dropping an inch then when you release the door handle, they pop back up. Only does it with the drivers door. Dome light and door lights come on when you open the driver's door. Open the passenger door, nothing happens. No window drop, no dome light. Must be the switch in the passenger door by the door handle.

Thoughts?
gjansen is offline   Reply With Quote