View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #7
paintboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
I agree on the nice folks.

I get a lot of attention from Bikers as I am near one of the best Twisty areas around my area and there are constantly groups of car and bike clubs "running the Ortegas" and all those folks are addicted to the thrill and have nothing but good things to say since they would like to experience it as well and admire how the Boxster handles those twisties.

The few bad experiences do tend to sour you and make you guarded, but I find that if you give people the benefit of the doubt and initiate friendly conversation you will be pleasantly surprised most of the time.

I wonder how different that gas station incident could have been if the Boxster guy pretended not to hear their snide remarks and said something nice about their bikes in response.

Its shaves the edge off a dickhead if they get a compliment when they are expecting to initiate a verbal barrage and confrontation.

Its harder to be mean when you are being complimented and it disarms the dickhead since he just wants to manipulate you for kicks.

If you don't engage there can be no manipulation.
So use your wisdom and experience to outwit them, you will be surprised what can be accomplished.

Even Dickheads just want to be appreciated and respected and it costs nothing