View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
mistermac99

Garage
Need some tire and wheel advice---Please.

This 1999 Boxster I just purchased one month ago has 19" tires and wheels. (see photo below) (I have other photos from different angles if helpful)

The front tires are: Nitto Invo 235/35 ZR19 91Y. They measure about 8" wide.

The rear tires were replaced by the dealership just prior to purcahase, and are: Nexen N3000 275/30 ZR19 96Y. They measure about 10" wide.

My Porsche mechanic who did the 60,000 service last week told me that they seemed a little too wide to him. The rear have spacers, which makes mounting the wheels unusual. Due to the fact that the wheel is only centered using the lugs, and will not reach the center part of the hub, which I guess centers 100%. He said they would probably work okay, but could reduce some performance, and compromise the ride comfort somewhat. They don't rub anywhere that's visible, but he said they rub a little on the fender well covers inside.

I'm thinking about trying to get some wheels and tires eventually that are more suitable, and maybe ride smoother. I don't have anything to compare to about the ride. I know that when I take it out for a drive, I don't want to get out of it. I know it's going to ride rougher than my 2003 Tundra (which I park outside now ), and the wife's Maxima, but 10X more fun.

I've been reading and searching this forum, trying to learn all I can about my Boxster, so from what I have seen on here so far, I feel I could get some good advice and opinions about what looks good, and what would best fit my car.

I think the wheels and tires look pretty nice on the car, but would like to hear other opinions from those with experience. (I think the more one learns about something, should help him make better decisions)

Thanks for any and all advice.

Last edited by mistermac99; 09-09-2012 at 06:14 PM.
mistermac99 is offline   Reply With Quote