View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 05:42 AM   #5
MNBoxster

Hi,

Depending upon how willing you are to take the risk that the Car may be sold, I'd wait 1 week - 10 Days to do any negotiating. Car Sales usually fall off the Table between Thanksgiving and January 10th, so the Dealer will be much more Pliable.

Then, come up with Your price (I'd go with $52K, pointing out the Depreciation Loss and the Fact that this Depreciation will also Hit them if the Car stays on their Lot - I'd also be willing to increase this Price with a Direct Warranty extension of Equal Value) and make them an offer, but also send this offer to 4 other Dealerships within a 200 Mi. Radius (What's a 4 Hr. Drive to save $$?) and state that you'll do the Deal with the 1st Dealership to respond within 72 Hrs. (Let them all know that they are one of 5 in the Running).

Also, if your C6 is well sorted and optioned, as mentioned, sell this on your own - you'll probably do much better. You could offer it in Trade, but at the NADA, Kelley BlueBook, Edmunds Wholesale Price Averaged out and see if they Bite. Good Luck!...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote