View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 05:31 AM   #2
cplcory

I'm a newbie as well....(hopefully I'll get my Boxster in the spring!). I'm also 6'3" and test drove several Boxsters last weekend (a 2002 non-S and a 2001 S). I have to say that I had PLENTY of leg room in both. I also sat in a BMW Z3 (2000ish), just to compare leg room (I have heard that the BMW is much more "tall-driver friendly".) What I found is that yes, the BMW has slightly more leg room, but the cockpit is much narrower and cramped feeling. Both Porsches felt extremely comfortable to me. To get technical, I'm just a shade under 6'4" and used to own a Triumph TR7, a '72 Datsun 240Z....the Porsche felt like it fit me better than either of those. (Actually, I was surprised how "big" the Porsche felt....what it lacks in length, it more than made up for in width.)

I know this isn't directly related to your question, but my point is that of the two I drove, they BOTH felt the exact same as far as leg room goes. I am unsure whether or not the 2002 I drove was an "early" or "late" 2002.

On a side note, the power difference was not very noticeable between the S and the non-S, but the exhaust note of the S was damn near worth the price difference on it's own!
cplcory is offline   Reply With Quote