View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
Devact

Wind deflector pictures wanted

Hello, does anyone have pictures of their wind deflectors that they can post? I've seen several on here, across several threads, but hoping for some more input.

The one that I have evidently blew out at some point with the PO. It is badly gouged and has tar on it. I've tried locally to have a replacement made, but no luck at several glass/plexiglass shops. I am not willing to pay the price for the OEM replacement. My wife and I are planning to take a road trip in a couple of weeks, and since she doesn't like the blow-back, I've got to get this sorted or I'll be taking the trip with the top up!

I'm currently very interested in the product from King Penn Industries (Dynamic Auto Concepts - Your source for high-end Wind Restrictor™s for roadsters), so if anyone else has one of theirs, I'd love to see pictures. I'm trying to decide between etched and non-etched, and between smoke tinted and non-tinted. I am not the type to "pimp my ride", so to speak, and while it doesn't really seem like their smoked & etched product is overly blingy (unlike their light kits!!), its difficult to tell from the pictures on their site, as they definitely seem to market toward the Fast & Furious crowd.

Lastly, I see that most of the aftermarket solutions require use of the OEM frame. My current frame rattles at speed. I am planning to order new clips from Suncoast and am confident that I can get the rattle out, but does anyone know how difficult it is to get the existing Lexan out of the frame? I can't really see how to do with without potentially destroying the frame.

Thanks for any advice and/or pictures!
Devact is offline   Reply With Quote