View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
jb92563

Fine water droplets on windshield

I have been noticing a very fine water droplets hitting my windshield now and then.

They form peculiar ^ (Inverted V) shapes on the windshield and evaporate fairly quickly.

At first I thought the car ahead of me used his wipers but did not see wiper activity.

Then I thought perhaps some left over water from my weekly car washing but I could not find any water anywhere.

The water temp gauge reads normal at just a hair over 180 F.

I checked the coolant tank in the trunk and the level looks normal and does not seem to be dropping.

The coolant cap was pressurized when I slowly opened it so I figured if anything was going to have a hole in it, it would leak coolant but I could not find any dripping anywhere.

I can't even imagine how coolant from the radiators and hoses could end up on my windshield while going 60mph as I would think it would all get sucked down below the car.

I have on a few occasions blipped the wiper spray instead of the cruise control but I made sure that was not happening during these events.

Is it possible that the wind over the wipers is sucking wiper fluid out of the tank?

Its the only thing I can think of that could be causing this.

I'm thinking I could completely drain the wiper fluid to eliminate that possibility.

Any suggestions?
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote