Thread: Stereo Question
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 11:18 AM   #1
bigwatts

Stereo Question

Does anyone know if there is an aux imput adapter available for the 1997 boxster??

I know there are quite a few adapters on the market for various cars that allow you to convert the CD changer connect to a aux imput for an iPod or XM radio. I would love to be able to hook up my iPod without a FM modulator.

Any ideas or links to where I might be able to get such an adapter would be great.

BTW - I was thinking about permanently installing an iPod nano in the center console. I just picked up a non smokers cubby hole kit. I was thinking about using some fiberglass to modify the non smokers cubby hole to accept the iPod Nano. I was envisioning fiberglassing the iPod right into the modified cubby hole. After it was complete I woud obvously hook up the power and run the data cable out between the center tunnel and the carpet so new music could be uploaded with a laptop. Of course once the fiberglass modifications are finished it would be finsihed and painted to offer a very clean look. I figure that if I dont like it or when I go to sell the car I would just put the ash tray back in.

Does anyone have suggestions on what a good source of switched power in that general area might be??

Does any one have any imput on this project? suggestions??? Its ok to tell me its stupid or why you think it is a bad idea...I may not have thought it out completely ...but it sounds good in my head right now. And at 180ish bucks for a Nano I think I am willing to try it.
bigwatts is offline   Reply With Quote