View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
joshua6060

Leg Room in '02 Boxster

Hi, I am a newbie and about to purchase a 2002 Boxster Tiptronic, I recently test drove two different Certified Preowned Boxsters on Porsche Dealer lots, A Blue Boxster and a Gray Boxster both '02's with Power Seats. Before sitting in either Boxster I made sure the seat was all the back, as low as possible and as far as it could go(because I am 6 foot 3 inches tall). While test driving the Blue Boxster my right leg prevented my right hand from turning the steering wheel all the way. When I sat in the Gray Boxster I immediately noticed that I had much more leg room and (probably about an inch or two-for tall people that makes all the difference in the world) while test driving the Gray Boxster my right leg didn't hamper my driving at all and I was much more comfortable in the seat, does anyone have any idea why this is? I asked the service technician at the dealer and he said that in late '02 Porsche put out a second version on the Boxster that magically had a bit more leg room, have any of you ever heard of this? Does anyone have any idea why I would have had more leg room in one verse the other? Was the service guy making this up to push the sale? Both were identical 2002 Tiptronics with power seats, the only difference was the color and the mileage. Please help PS Great Site
joshua6060 is offline   Reply With Quote