View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 09:02 AM   #2
bmussatti

Hey blinkwatt, I think you'll get a lot of great results on your car, since it is not too dark, not too light. Dark colors really show the swirl marks the most.

You should do some reading on the autopia.org web site. They have great info on your question.

I have used the new Mequires NTX wax a lot this summer on my wife's white Mercedes and my white Explorer. Great results, easy to use, and covered some very mild swirls. But, remember, these are white, and don't show the swirls as much as a darker colors would.

You might need a really good...professional job done...with a Porter Cable tool, just to get your car "up-to-snuff". Then you might have great success, doing it yourself, by-hand. Several forum members have the PC and they say it is easy to learn. Maybe you should get one, and practice on your folks car, before you hit the Boxster's paint.

As for soaps, I think any of them formulated for a fine car finish work very well. The key is to make the right concentration. Another helpful hint is the 2-bucket approach. Just don't use stuff like dishwashing soap.

Go read the stuff on autopia.org. Good advice there!