View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
shadrach74

The whole point in using cloth door pulls is to make the door release mechanism as light and simple as possible. Leaving the existing hardware in place and adding more crap to the process not only has no utility...it absolutely screams "Poser".

I'm fairly new around here and I mean no disrespect, but some of the acts of automotive abomination I've seen suggested here belong on a civic street racer's forum... Along with "fart can mufflers," neon lights and spinners...

I don't mean to be harsh, but I think that anytime that any of us contemplate applying our own "unique" mods to any Porsche, we should ask our selves. Will doing this make me look like a complete tool to someone that actual builds or designs cars and then ask why that might be the case.

As in:
If I can make my car louder and lose HP at the same time...would I be a tool in the eyes of an engineer?

If I can make my car louder and make sure the air filter has to work harder to filter intake air while simultaneously raising the temp of the intake air...would I be a tool in the eyes of an engineer?

If I can add a redundant system that sort of looks race inspired while simultaneously adding weight, complexity, and possibly damaging the factory set up...would I be a tool in the eyes of an engineer?

If I can...never mind, I think I've made my point.

In the interest of capitalizing on all the interest in mods that actually don't do anything useful, I am opening a web store. I've attached a few examples of prototypes of our products. I am open to product development suggestions.

Last edited by shadrach74; 07-12-2012 at 07:11 AM.
shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote