View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #16
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVstarBoxster View Post
I guess after not finding the route of the problem for so long, I'm finally doomed. My top has continued to have issues - it would work sometimes, and not work other times. I kind of just got used to it. But now, the "convertible top" light is flashing on the dashboard. It goes away sometimes, but it comes back. I guess I might have to take the car to the dealer. My indy guy couldn't find the problem.
Did your Indie troubleshoot the switch itself?

I have never heard of the "convertible top open" light flashing on the dashboard. More often the light does not go off at the end of each cycle, but that is usually an issue that develops on the "A Version" setups (1997 to 1999).

Taking the car to the dealer to diagnose and repair a convertible top problem is usually a VERY expensive proposition.

If you want to eliminate a couple of potential trouble spots first, you could try replacing a couple of the parts which are relatively inexpensive: the switch, the convertible top double relay (or re-install the original relay in place of the SmartTop).

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote