View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
Allen K. Littlefield

Porsche world road show usa

Well getting up at 5am and hustling up to Monticello was worth the trip. Got to drive a Hybrid and S Cayenne on an brakingslalom type course. Acceleration in Hybrid unreal.

Then went to new Boxster S PDK on a short track "Autocross" event. The damn thing is like a rocket ship compared to my '02 2.7 3.4 315hp with PDK. I wish I could afford one. One woman in the group has a new Boxster S on order and should get it the end of this month. All the grins were big after getting out of the cars.

Last event was driving first a Carrera S PDK and Panamerica PDK at speed following an instructors line. Freakin' fast 400 hp S was unbelievable and stuck like glue. Up to 114 at end of back straight. Was surprised how fast the big 4 door was and how it gripped the road. Didn't have trouble keeping up with the Carrera but this was a short track.

All in all a great experience. This event is starting here in NY and will be showing up at tracks all across the country. They had a photographer taking loads of pics and you can visit the event at the following url"

porscheworldroadshowusa.com/media

I will attempt to post a few pics. I didn't see anybody I knew there but Gundo was supposed to be running in the 11am group. First will be the new Boxster and second the classroom at Monticello.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote