View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #18
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
It was also heavily recommended to me by more than one person on this forum to get the underdrive pulley upgrade done before going on the track to prevent boiling over the power steering fluid, and I think it makes sense to invest the money into that for what it helps to prevent. So it looks like Lime Rock will have wait a little bit longer before I get on it. I also want to do more to cool the car, like the 3rd radiator and an S bumper, lo-temp thermostat, water pump replacement, and S oil cooler. After all that, and a set of wheels with good summer tires, I'll be going to the track for sure with a lot less concern for the car's ability to get me to the track, on the track, and back home.
I suggest the "take it one step at a time" approach. If you're not having any problems with high temps at the track, then the center radiator and S oil cooler can probably wait. Same for the under drive pulley. A few DE's at the entry level isn't likely to cook anything but as you get more experience and drive harder and faster then you'll want to address some of those concerns.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote