View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
jb,
It sounds like you did it right. Bring your car out to Pomona Fairplex on July 1 and I will show you around the track. Between sessions we can tell lies about Porsches and planes. I grew up in Riverside and spent my weekends between RAL and Flabob. My dad was an aerospace engineer at Rohr and he loved restoring old airframes and motors. As a little kid I used to watch Artie Scholl go through his preflight and then roll out and toss the plane around for 20 minutes or so right above us. Good times.
Thats great, its too bad I missed the heyday at Flabob. I did fly in there for an open house a couple years ago. They have a lot of neat stuff there and interesting speakers at the presentations.

I need to go to one of those Performance Driving schools after I get some new rear tires (~2/32 tread left before the wear bar) so I can get a good feel for what the car can do, its limits and how I can drive it to take advantage of its Porsche abilities.

I'd like to come to Pomona and check things out but not sure that weekend will work for me. I'll see as it draws closer how my schedule pans out.

Cars and Planes a couple of great topics to cackle about.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote