View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #15
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotoole View Post
I used my Durametric "Enthusiast" (cheapest version) to turn off my air bag light after I replaced my door lock on passenger side. Removed and reinstalled air bag, which triggered light to remain lit. No problem.
I think that this is a case of apples and oranges. The Durametric will handle some airbag light issues but not all.

Like you, I assumed that my Durametric Enthusiast would work but I used it to turn off the air bag light for the missing passenger seat but as soon as I re-start the car the air bag light comes back on.

So I contacted Durametric directly about this and their tech support wrote back saying that none of the Durametric versions will perform the coding required to turn off the airbag light for a replacement passenger seat.

Also if you search this and other forums this is a common problem for owners who replace both stock seats with racing seats and no one has a DIY fix specifically for this airbag problem (at least not that I have been able to find).

There is no doubt that the Durametric works for many other airbag light issues and thus, it seems to be an apples and oranges thing.

If anyone knows more, please let me know!
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote