View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #14
schoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVstarBoxster View Post
Maurice, I removed the two fuses and put them back. They were both fine. And suddenly the top works fine now. I think it might be the actual button we press to operate the top that is not working properly. It's a little "fidjidy". Thanks for your inputs once again. I will have the buttons looked at.

Removing and reinserting the fuses sometimes results in re-establishing a connection between the two spades of each fuse and the female receptacles in the fuse tray. That is because of the surface corrosion that I mentioned before. It can build up gradually until there is no more good electrical contact and pulling and pushing a fuse back in can fix it. You can also get some fine emery cloth and clean the spades and insert the emery cloth into the female receptacles of the fuse panel by folding the emery cloth over a flat blade screwdriver and rubbing back and forth a couple of times.

If it's the switch, replacing it is fairly straightforward.

It would be good to pinpoint the cause so that you can have more confidence that the top will work every time.

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote