View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
lucky14fc

Where to start??

Working on a 2001 Boxster S 3.2 with 106K on the odometer. Car has run great until recently. One year ago the water pump went out and was replaced.

Last summer the car was hard to start 1st time after refueling. Took about 25 seconds of cranking for the car to start. Car started normally every time after that until next refuel.

Then an intermittent howling/whistling sound when driving was coming from the fuel refill area. Replaced the two vapor valves underneath the fender liner and the howling was gone!

A week later after a short drive came back to the car and it would not start. Cranks strong but does not sound like any fuel is making it to the engine. CEL is on.

I am ordering a Durametric cable this week (will be able to see the CEL code soon). Also after reading the forums on here I am thinking I should replace several sensors just for general maintenance (Car has only had Oil changes and Tires done since it was bought by 2nd owner with 32K (and the water pump)).

While waiting for the Durametric cable I am going to look at the fuel pump and see if it is bad.

Any other suggestions on replacement items that should be done on a car with 106K or places to look before I get the cable?

Thanks!!!
lucky14fc is offline   Reply With Quote