Thread: tailgaters
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #61
jb92563

Don't want to miss out on the traffic driving rant so here is my $2 worth of ranting.

I drive in the right most lane unless I'm passing.
After I pass I get over to the right again if its clear.

Also makes folks think I'm evading police or something and they tend to stay away due to all my lane changing.

Basically I drive Autobahn rules where if your not in the right most lane you better be watching the rear view for folks with a closing speed of 100mph and get the hell out of their way or be shot or launched into the ditch.

I can't stand the the dumb southern CA drivers that are just plain stupid.

We have the tiny pickup truck drivers with ladder and lawnmower in the back that merge onto the highway at 30mph.

There are the "I'm going the speed limit so I can be in any lane I want and cause miles of congestion" folks, usually seniors in big cars.

There are the "I can only text while driving 50mph or less and to heck with the restrictions on phone use in car rules"

There are the folks from the 80's that insist that 55mph on the highway is the max speed their car should go due to the fuel shortage! ???

And then there are the dumb girls that tailgate while doing their makeup in the rear view. They need to be right behind or beside you so they can keep with the traffic flow by looking at your car by their peripheral vision.

I'm still shopping for my Boxster S but I'll no doubt be even more of a terror on the roads than I was with my Jeep Wrangler.

Swerving with the Boxster sounds like fun to deter tailgaiters and if you combine that with a handfull of failed IMS bearing balls you won't even need to carry heat. ;-)

So whats this about Johnny and his Nun groupies about? There a lot of Nuns in the deep south now?

Ray

2001 Boxster S (Near Future)
99 Jeep Wrangler 4.0l (Handy for hauling stuff in any terrain or passing traffic using the ditch)
2004 Yamaha Classic Cruiser bike (Just got the carbs cleaned, not driving it enough)
99 Camaro (Died an untimely death when a Uhaul knocked down the car structure roof it was parked under)

Last edited by jb92563; 05-08-2012 at 01:16 PM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote