View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:29 AM   #15
jb92563

Took a test drive in my first Porsche, it was a 2001 Boxster 2.7l if I recall correctly.

WOW, it was awesome going through the gears and feeling it pull like crazy and sticking flat around the corners...I got an instant Porsche grin.

I asked the dealer to look for the S model for me though in any case as he did not have one for me to test.

The Girl friend did mention that she thought her seat did not tilt back far enough but it probably just needed to go forward a bit I think. Naturally she tells me this AFTER we are leaving the dealer lot.

She also seemed to change here mind on driving a standard, which she had no interest in earlier when I offer to teach her in my regular ride Jeep Wrangler Manual shift. I better not offer again or she might accept and want to borrow the Boxster.... ;-)

She also got me looking at the 996 Carrera 911 due to the extra space in back which admittedly would come in handy for luggage and allow more reclining and elbow room in general.

Guess I have to test drive a 1999 Carrera as well soon, and although its a bit heavier also has a 3.4l engine and is perhaps a little more comfortable and convenient on longer trips.

All your comments have been very helpful and gives some good perspectives on the whole experience.

I'm all ears(eyes) if you have more opinions on my Porsche shopping.

Ray
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote