View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 05:56 AM   #5
jsceash

Garage
All three in the 2005 were equiped with a 5 cylinder inline engine with fairly good tourque and HP, that compares to most V-6 engine in the 3.4 to 3.6 range. Looking at pulling a Alumna trailer with my 03 boxster totaled out weigh with minimal gas on board is 3700 +- 50 pounds. I have not purchased the trailer yet. But it would save me runnig tires to an event or getting some one else hauling them there. I don't know anyone in the area that has one who has pulled more than a utility trailer with a tractor or two four wheelers. The Alumna has a full braking system and will take an anti sway kit.

As far as the H2 I regularly camp(RV) with a person who tows a Hummer H2, same engine same transsmission larger wheels and tires I get better gas miliage on the Colorado and rub it in as the chance arises. I'm not saying they did not install other engines but there are similarly equiped ones out there. Most engine and parts searches on ebay show a cross over as well.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust

Last edited by jsceash; 03-07-2012 at 06:05 AM.
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote