View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
Mr_Brightside

986 Boxster Dashboard not working.

Hi, I have a year 2000 Boxster S with bit of a problem.

I bought one of the LED Spoiler indicator buttons off fleabay and attempted to fit it today.

Disconnected the battery, took the dashboard to pieces as per their instructions perfectly.. first problem, the instructions say the connector blocks for up to 07/2001 models are black, white and blue and that 08/2001 onwards are grey, blue and green. My car is a 2000 model but the connector blocks were grey, blue and green.
So I figured follow the instructions for the latter, got the plug connectors off, all the wires were the right colours for the pin numbers they said so tapped into the connector blocks (although it was fiddly getting the block out and back into the holder), got them all back together and figured I would test it before screwing the dash all back together. Reconnected the battery, started the car and the fuel gauge had the light flashing and wasnt registering any fuel even though I knew there was some in and the oil level indicator was staying on constantly and scrolling. Pressed the manual spoiler switch in the footwell and the new switch lit up solid, not flashing as it said it would when raising. Grr.

Decided to put it back to stock to see if everything worked fine again. (but I forgot to disconnect the battery first), took the plug connectors off again, removed the wiring for the spoiler switch and refitted the connector blocks back into the clocks as before.
Turned the ignition on and nothing lit up. Now I have no display at all, no miles, rev counter, temp, fuel, warning lights, clock..nothing.. the only thing that works on the display is the right indicator. The manual button for the spoiler doesnt work either. The lights on warning buzzer doesn't work with the door open now, nor does the auto lock work but I think that is because there is no power to the clocks. apart from that the car runs fine and everything works as normal just no dash at all.

Tried disconnecting the battery, taking the dash connectors back off, refitting and reconnecting the battery but nothing. Checked the B1 and B10 fuses but they are fine as well.

Help
Mr_Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote