Thread: My New Boxster
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #8
nieuwhzn

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmaddbrad View Post
A quick tip... Go buy a Clay Bar kit. Wash your car. Use the clay bar. Use a good polish. (Usually just a swirl mark remover and light cut polish will work). Then use a Turtle Wax Black Box kit on it! I usually add a nice, some what expensive, layer of clear wax over the top of all of this!

After this be sure to take a good step back and a ton of pictures.... Because it will look absolutely beatiful :P (And feel like a dream....) And then buy a show brush, well thats what I call them. They're just brushes used to dust off cars. This will keep your beautiful car just as beautiful

Congrats on the purchase! And enjoy it (Just thought I'd give you a good weekend project :P)
Just don't do the polish thingie more than once a year. More paints get destroyed by overpolishing than just exposure to the elements (at least the good paints). Just make sure that you have a good hard wax over it at all times, handwash with car shampoo of the same brand as the wax and stay away from harsh chemicals (like in a brushless car wash).

You're kidding about the dust brush, right! Just drive this car as it is supposed to be driven and all the dust will fly straight off
nieuwhzn is offline   Reply With Quote