View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #17
jsceash

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpaz View Post
The fact with banked corners is that the physics involved allow the car to achieve higher lateral g-force numbers than a non-banked turn. Add to that the fact that banked turns are almost always long sustained turns and it makes the problem worse. Having said that, I've had customers report that they have seen oil pressure dummy lights flicker on some of our long, non-banked turns. I think the X51 baffle does a good job at keeping the pick-up surrounded by oil. Is the X51 by itself enough??? hard to say for sure, but I see no down side to the use of an Accusump, and compared to the cost of an engine, they are cheap insurance.
Here is the actual physics of the force. For a given radius turn the force you feel at 70MPH is doubled at 100 MPH. It four time as much at 144 MPH and it 6 times as much at 173MPH. Force that exerts down is the centripital force * the SIN of the angle. Where the angle is the angle the turn is banked. the rest of the force is tranmited outward along the line of the radius.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote